govern paper records using the same approach taken for electronic information
While most documentation and corporate records created today are in electronic format, companies amass a tremendous amount of paper records which need to be governed in accordance with laws, regulations and corporate standards. Most organizations have a well-established system, process, and third party provider for physical records management but often times it’s disconnected from the corporate information governance platform supporting electronic records.
Information governance enforces desirable behavior for the creation, use, archiving, and disposition of corporate information. It includes myriad global and local regulations and contains corporate standards for managing information. Essential for both physical and electronic records, information governance is not always implemented across physical records, especially across jurisdictions. By failing to enforce information governance policies on physical archives, companies put themselves at great risk.
RSD GLASS® allows you to:
- Deploy one governance solution for electronic and paper archives.
- View dashboards to analyze trends and costs.
- Access paper records faster.
- Follow a comprehensive audit trail for physical records – from pickup to delivery to disposition.
- Eliminate manual and redundant tasks.
- Leverage existing investments by interfacing into third party providers such as Iron Mountain, Recall, and OmniRIM.
- Manage types of boxes, storage providers, sites, and contracts.
- Facilitate the collection of boxes from users and distribution of boxes to/from warehouse, including the complete management of the storage container.
- Create, fill, and recall boxes and records with minimal clicks.
- Systematically enforce policies over heterogeneous, distributed repositories.