In recent years, there has been explosive growth in the creation and collection of content by applications and individuals. Today, there are practically thousands of different formats and types of information – stored in Enterprise Content Management (ECM) repositories such as IBM, EMC, and SharePoint or in unstructured storage systems such as shared network drives.
Virtual teams need to collaborate to produce, store and access massive volumes of content using a complex array of software applications running on multiple platforms. High volume datacenters and other content-intensive businesses whose offices span the globe have unique challenges.
Regulatory requirements that seem to increase exponentially and vary by geography are adding stringent requirements for access, audit, tracking, retention and disposal. These requirements are insurmountable without an enterprise solution that provides a holistic view of all information assets (stored in one system or across multiple systems) and an efficient method to manage the entire content lifecycle.
Companies that have been utilizing standalone archiving technologies and ECM silos should consider an information governance platform to address evolving regulations and the limitations existing in legacy archiving solutions and content management applications.
RSD GLASS® contains an optional repository(formerly known as RSD Folders) that enables enterprise archiving with efficient capture, storage, retrieval and accurate classification of content generated by any legacy, ERP or PC-based application. It is a single, secure resource for complete records management, content archiving and auditing, information lifecycle management (ILM), and e-discovery. It allows businesses to effectively leverage all information assets, accelerate decision-making, and respond more quickly to customer, partner or regulatory inquiries.
- Provides optional enterprise-grade repository and "system of record" on any platform.
- Enables the efficient capture, storage, and retrieval of content generated by any legacy, ERP or PC-based application.
- Facilitates identification, classification and management of virtually all types of content, in native format, as it is created, modified, stored, archived and retrieved in accordance with retention policies and regulations.
- Provides authorized users with simple and rapid search and access to content in all of your corporate repositories.
- Delivers a single policy engine that works with other ECM repositories such as IBM, EMC, OpenText, SharePoint, Email, and other content repositories.
- Integrates SAP content via SAP Global Archive.