MULTI-JURISDICTION POLICY MANAGEMENT
Today, companies face continuously expanding government and industry mandates concerning the management of business information. Until now, records management policy tools and enterprise content management products were hard-wired to specific and proprietary content repositories. Or worse, policies were managed in spreadsheets or other unstructured document formats. Organizations now have too many repositories to manage, and too much executive and public pressure, for this legacy approach to survive.
RSD GLASS® Policy Manager is the first information governance policy engine to break through these constraints. Whether you have a very complex organizational structure, broadly distributed content repositories, or a highly sophisticated information classification plan, RSD GLASS Policy Manager provides the policy creation and management collaboration you need to ensure consistent compliance with laws, regulations, and business requirements.
- Define policies for all information - structured, unstructured, social media, cloud, and physical paper.
- Deploy defensible disposition policies by having a full audit trail of when policy is approved, who approved it, and why it was approved.
- Ensure compliance with subtle (but important) cross-jurisdictional variations in policy.
- Simplify ongoing policy maintenance and administration.
- Eliminate the productivity pitfalls of policy management by spreadsheet, and repository-specific management and administration.
- Be prepared for both traditional records management (retention and disposition) as well as emerging information governance requirements (data privacy) before exposure to legal challenge.
- Gain central visibility to critical compliance rules and procedures.
- Reduce information management costs by leveraging lower-cost storage tiers for aging content.
- Easy-to-use interface enables the intuitive creation, management, and validation of information governance policies.
- Integration of IT lifecycle and retention policy information, unlike conventional records management and ECM products.
- Retention and disposition, storage management, legal and regulatory, metadata and data privacy rules together in a unified policy engine.
- Propagation of policies within the enterprise in human readable form (i.e. the Records Retention Schedule) and in electronic form (to drive enforcement of lifecycle actions within the repositories themselves).
- Repository-agnostic: works across disparate and isolated content silos.
- Comprehensive audit trail to keep track of policy updates.