Without information businesses don’t thrive… proper governance of information can give your organization a competitive advantage.
Govern your most important assets: information
Today’s business world is moving fast. Thanks to new technologies and fierce competition, employees are more empowered today than they were five years ago. The current worker has turned to use an array of technologies to achieve their objectives – tablets, smart phones, cloud applications, and even personal applications installed on their home computers.
Information today is a highly volatile mixture: part priceless business value, part unknown business risk. The value comes from information relating to a company’s intellectual property or competitive advantage. The risk is in documents or content of unknown or zero business value “lying around,” unmanaged, retained far beyond mandatory retention periods, and potentially subject to discovery in the event of an unforeseen legal proceeding.
While information may have some asociated risks related to how it is managed, it is truly the asset that fuels business growth. Knowing what information resides where, and how it can be best used, enables organizations to make better business decisions. Information is valuable for discovering buying patterns, highlighting product trends, and uncovering new opportunities. Companies that are properly governing information have a competitive advantage and are able to:
- Deliver safer products to the market
- Invest in new geographic regions
- Continue innovating product lines
- Drive customer support programs
- Execute an effective acquisition strategy
- Protect patents and intellectual property
RSD GLASS® is an information governance platform which enforces multi-jurisdictional policies over heterogeneous and distributed repositories. With active policy enforcement, RSD GLASS allows companies to “federate” content, manage the policies and lifecycle actions, and capitalize on the value of their information. RSD GLASS gives executives the assurance information is being managed in accordance with the defined policies while providing users with easy access to content from their devices, line of business applications, and within the business processes.
- Improves employee productivity by giving authorized users simple and secure access across information silos.
- Helps executives during mergers and acquisitions.
- Governs all content consistently – throughout data warehouses, Enterprise Content Management (ECM) repositories, mobile devices, physical records, and the cloud.
- Makes sharing content across systems and business units easier, promoting accountability and collaboration.
- Reduces overall costs associated with employees looking for information.