We are seeking a talented, aggressive, and highly motivated Engagement Manager to join RSD (www.rsd.com), the leader in Information Governance. The mission of the Engagement Manager is to accelerate the market adoption of all RSD solutions for Information Governance. Alongside the sales and partner organizations the Engagement Manager is on the front line, understanding customer and prospect business needs and delivering the solutions to meet them.
Location: Flexible, preferably near Andover, MA or Teaneck, NJ office.
Position Description and Requirements
Reporting to the Vice President of North America, the Engagement Manager has the ultimate responsibility for customer success with the RSD solution. The Engagement Manager will not only be responsible for driving a number of simultaneous projects at some of the largest customers in the world, they will also be a key part of the sales process in bridging the gap between Customer Needs and RSD solutions; whether a three-week pilot or a full enterprise deployment.
The ideal candidate will have the “engagement management” skills to manage these complex customers and sales cycles to continue to drive the RSD vision, while also being able to “technically” manage the customer and project team to a successful delivery.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Partner with the Account Managers to ensure customer satisfaction with the RSD solution primarily through professional services engagements, but also during the sales process.
- Be recognized by customers as a trusted advisor in product deployment and process decisions. Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders throughout the delivery process securing key references at all levels. Work with the project managers to achieve this objective.
- Drive the SOW creation process handling customers’ objections and explain RSD solutions in prep meetings, requirements workshops, and discovery sessions. Work in conjunction with the Account Managers and Solution Architects leveraging technical knowledge and positioning RSD as a champion against competitors.
- Be responsible for Engagement budget, resource scheduling, and task order assignment. Plan and direct schedules and budgets. Ensure completion of tasks on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Drive implementations to completion while remaining on schedule and on budget.
- Effectively manage issues, risks, and changes to projects.
- Coordinate the activities of internal resources required to satisfy client needs.
- Simultaneously manage multiple client implementations of RSD software products.
- Communicate effectively with client team; maintain professional and ethical relationships at all levels.
- Provide formal Engagement status to RSD internal management and customers, as required, in a proactive and timely manner.
- Work with Customer Support to resolve customer issues.
- Communicate customers’ requirements to RSD product management, promote ideas for new features/directions as they are reflected in customers' requests, and define specific customizations needed by customers.
- Identify opportunities for improvements to RSD implementation methodologies.
- Engagement Managers must be goal-oriented, skilled communicators, highly organized, excelled planners and effective negotiators. They must also be familiar with standard project management concepts, methods and tools. Other desirable qualities: positive, optimistic, fair and likable.
- Strong project management, planning and organizational skills
- High energy and enthusiasm for delivering services
- Proven track record of executing SOW process lifecycle with Account Managers responding to deadlines and driving to close bookings and successfully delivering projects.
- Strong presentation and communication skills: showing the value, capabilities, and differentiators of complex service solutions using methodologies and service offerings.
- Can articulate relevant customer success stories and metrics that demonstrate value to the customer.
- Proven track record of executing projects on time and on budget while maintain margins and managing resources effectively to produce high quality work.
- Experience with security related products, technologies, and solutions would be highly beneficial.
The travel component for the Engagement Manager varies depending on the engagement, expectations should be between 40-60% travel.
Please forward a resume to RSD, firstname.lastname@example.org, describing your experience, achievements, education, skills, and career goals. We thank you in advance for your interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.